A Flesh-Eating Bacteria Destroyed This Man’s Hand After He Was Pricked By a Hook

The latest in flesh-eating bacteria stories is a red flag for any fishermen (or women) out there. Mike Walton of Ozona, Florida was hospitalized after contracting a rare bacterial infection while on a fishing trip in the Gulf of Mexico when his fishing hook pricked his hand, according to ABC Action News. ...

Conjoined Twins Separated in Risky Surgery 13 Years Ago Are Now Thriving With Only One Leg Each

Maliyah and Kendra Herrin, from Salt Lake City, Utah, were born conjoined twins: connected at the torso and sharing a pelvis, liver, large intestine, one single kidney, and two legs. Thirteen years later, the sisters are thriving with two separate bodies, about to finish their junior year of high school. They recently starred in...

This Keto Margarita Recipe Is Exactly What You Need for Cinco de Mayo

Who doesn’t love a cold margarita on a warm spring day? It’s the right cocktail complement for socializing in sunshine and light breeze. But as refreshing as a margarita is, this drink can sneakily pack extra sugar—which is bad news if you're a keto diet devotee.  ...

Woman Finally Speaks Out About Swelling Disorder After Years of Hiding Her Body

In 2004, 17-year-old Alison Mahoney was diagnosed with lymphedema, a condition that causes swelling in one or both of arms or legs. There isn’t a cure for the condition, and Mahoney has used a compression garment to treat it. This treatment involves squeezing her entire swollen left leg into a wrap of sorts. ...

This 13-Year-Old Cheerleader Died From Sepsis Caused By a Strep Infection

Lilliana Schalck of Columbus, Ohio, was living a normal life when she passed away suddenly during a cheerleading competition in February. The 13-year-old had been healthy until just before she died, but an underlying—and common—strep infection caused her to develop , which ultimately took her life. ...