Are you ready for Easter? Meals this week are especially quick and easy so you can spend time with your loved ones instead of slave away in the kitchen. Both the Bacon and Cheese Muffins and Curried Coconut Sweet Potato Soup can also be additions to the Easter table, and I assure you that the muffins will be a big hit with anyone, day or night. Enjoy family, friends, and food this week!
Grocery list:2 large chicken breasts3 slices baconEggsMilkButterShredded sharp cheddar cheeseCornstarchFresh ginger1 quart chicken brothHoneyGreen onions2 large sweet potatoes or garnet yams1 can light coconut milk1 quart vegetable stockCurry powderGaram masala1 bunch fresh cilantroRoasted cashewsGinger Honey Cashew ChickenA quick and flavorful weeknight meal.
2 large chicken breasts, cut into strips2 tsp. cornstarch1/2 tsp. salt1 tbsp. canola oil2 tsp. fresh minced ginger1/2 cup chicken broth1 tbsp. honey2 green onions, chopped1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper (just a sprinkle)1/3 cup roughly chopped roasted cashews
1. Lay the chicken breast strips in a pie pan or large plate. Sprinkle with cornstarch, salt, and ginger. Toss so all the strips are coated well and refrigerate for 20–30 minutes.
2. While the chicken is in the fridge, whisk together the chicken broth, honey, green onions, and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
3. Heat the oil over medium-high heat in a large skillet. Drop the chicken in and cook for about 8 minutes. When chicken is done, remove and place on a plate to keep warm.
4. Deglaze the pan with the sauce and whisk well to get up any little bits of chicken stuck to the bottom of the pan. Simmer for a couple minutes and then add the chicken, as well as the cashews, back to the pan. Cook for another 5 minutes so that the sauce can thicken and the chicken can warm back up if cool.
5. Serve over jasmine rice.Coconut Curried Sweet Potato SoupA delicious and comforting soup that kids will love.
2 large sweet potatoes or garnet yams, pricked all over with a fork1 cup light coconut milk2 cups vegetable stock1/2 tsp. salt2 tsp. curry powder1 tsp. garam masalaPinch of cayenne pepperChopped fresh cilantro for serving
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. Bake sweet potatoes for 45 minutes or until very tender. Remove from oven and let cool.
3. Blend together sweet potatoes (minus the skin) and all other ingredients. Reheat soup if necessary and serve with chopped cilantro on top.Bacon and Cheese MuffinsThe perfect addition to your Easter brunch table!
Makes 9 muffins
3 slices bacon2 1/2 cups all purpose flour2 tsp. baking powder1 tsp. salt2 eggs1 cup milk1 stick butter, melted1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Fry bacon until crispy, then chop into small pieces. Set aside.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, and melted butter. Add bacon bits and cheese to milk mixture, then add wet ingredients to dry.
4. Scoop batter into greased muffin tins and bake for 30 minutes, or until bottoms are golden.
5. Serve warm.